 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 911 (-20)
  Positioning VIA 5th Wheel

I worked on a robotics project in which my program controlled a very big (18,000 pounds) piece of equipment and need to know its position. It was used for railroad track maintenance and road on the tracks. Even though this was a one dimensional (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001

(...) (URL) (...) I would, if I could ... When I go to the page (using Netscape 4.5), the buttons are "dead". Hopefully, Ronald is not. I sent him 2 mails but didn't get any reply. What's wrong? Bernd Frassek (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Visual NQC 2001

I've just released the first beta version of Visual NQC 2001. This a program that is based on RCX Command Center but is programmed in Microsoft Visual Basic 6. The graphical interface is re-designed with use of dockable windows and toolbars. Also (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Positioning with the RCX - a pragmatic approach

(...) I have seen a nonlego robot called Cye. He is controlled by a human on a computer. As you move him about a room, he uses a computer program and a bump sensor to make a 'map' of the room. After the map is made, a homebase can be set up, and (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Positioning with the RCX - a pragmatic approach

THE QUESTION ... ... how to determine and measure a position in a room? This question was raised several times in LUGNET (e.g. Kris Zabriskie) and caused some discussions. As it has been stated, this simple sounding task is not at all trivial and (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: MacNQC and RCX Troubles

Thanks to everyone who helped out with my problem, it's much appreciated! The problem was not having the firmware loaded, which I was able to download to the RCX using the latest version of MacNQC. I had an earlier version of MacNQC which wasn't (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Joystick function in RCXCC

Is it possible to device a task that will keep a motor running for as long as a joystick button is pressed? Or do I have to write a prog. for my computer instead of one for the CM? I guess it would be possible using the spirit.ocx (a directx control (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: MacNQC and RCX Troubles

(...) Actually, I think Bob's problems came from not having firmware installed. Hopefully things will start working once he gets firmware loaded. But there *are* cases of some strange serial behavior between Macs and the IR tower. My 300MHz (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: MacNQC and RCX Troubles

(...) Yep. Thats the exact same PowerBook that I have, even down to the speed. I never could get it to talk to the IR Tower. The same IR Tower would talk to the older SE/30 with no problems. It may be a volage problem, or it may have something to do (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: MacNQC and RCX Troubles

(...) My guess is that firmware isn't installed yet - judging by your later posts, you reached the same conclusion yourself. Dave Baum (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Where to Find Latest Firmware File?

(...) Its under a link named something like "Hacker Info - RCX 2.0 Beta SDK" on the www.legominstorms.com page. Dave Baum (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: MacNQC Not Recognizing Firmware File

(...) I'm guessing that you are using an older version of MacNQC, which only recognized certain file types as firmware files. Because the various ways of getting firmware (off a PC CD, download from web) result in different file types, this wasn't a (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Virtual PC 3.0 Not Finding IR Tower

(...) The RIS software does some unusual things with the handshake lines. You'll either need to patch the RIS software or run an Applescript to configure VPC in order for the RIS software to work. See (URL) for more info. Dave (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: MacNQC and RCX Troubles

I have a PowerBook G3 233mhz (I think it's a wallstreet; it's black with the big white apple on the front, first generation) with plenty of ram. I'm also running system 8.1. The green light on the IR tower comes on when I run MacNQC and issue (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Where to Find Latest Firmware File?

Can anyone please point me to where I can download the latest firmware version? I searched the Lego Mindstorms site and can't seem to find it. Thanks! (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: MacNQC and RCX Troubles

(...) Bob, What type of Mac is it ? I have an original RIS 1.0. My Mac PB-G3 (wallstreet) is unable to key up the IR tower at all, but an old SE/30 works just fine. I think there are subtle differences in the voltages on Mac serial ports between (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Virtual PC 3.0 Not Finding IR Tower

I have a mac Powerbook (non-USB) running system 8.1 and using a Palm 3 serial port adapter for the IR tower. I have no fax or hotsync software loaded, nor any peripherals attached. I'm running the Lego Mindstorms software (RIS 1.0) under Virtual PC (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MacNQC Not Recognizing Firmware File

I'm using MacNQC and when I try to download a firmware file I can't see the file in the "choose file" dialog, although I can plainly see the firmware file in the Finder. Any help would be most appreciated! (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MacNQC and RCX Troubles

I just got RIS1.0 and can't seem to get the RCX to respond using MacNQC or RCX Command Center running under Virtual PC 3.0. My cabling seems ok (using Palm 3 mac serial port adapter) as the green light on the IR tower comes on whenever I send a (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Serial to USB Adapters for iMac

On a slightly related note, I've been trying to get all this to work via Linux on a PowerBook FireWire. I have a keyspan USB PDA adapter (USA-19), I seem to be able to at a minimum send characters to the tower (the green light of justice lights up) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact