 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 772
Re: Can't get Linux NQC to compile/Run
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 05:45:01 GMT

In article <39C022BA.E3B80BE7@akasa.bc.ca>, Dean Husby
<nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote:

Matthew Miller wrote:

Dean Husby <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote:
/bin/sh: bison: command not found
Any ideas?

Yep. Install the bison package. :)

This is one of my gripes with mandrake, by the way. Their install
program
makes it very easy to not install stuff which you will actually want.

After installing the bison package from the Ret Hat 6.1 CD I now get the
following. Even MORE errors then before...

The compiler can't find "vector.h" - which will cause lots of problems
because without vector.h, all of the instantiations of the vector
template won't make syntactic sense (leading to lots of random syntax
errors later on in Scope.h and perhaps dozens of other files).

Is vector.h around anywhere?  If so, then perhaps all you need to do is
add an appropriate -I option to CFLAGS in the Makefile for nqc.  I never
really paid attention to where the C++ standard headers went, because
g++ seemed to find them without any options at all.

If you don't have vector.h, then check for just "vector".  Usually the
headers come in pairs ("vector" is the one encapsulated in the std
namespace, and "vector.h" is a non-namespace version - usually just
includes the namespaced header and does a using on the std namespace).

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com