 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 398
Re: offtopicy sort of thing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 02:32:14 GMT

I parallel two motors frequently with no ill effects. There is no generation
taking place. It will use more battery current for the two motors than it
would for one, but it is also doing more work.

--
Bob Fay
rfay@we.mediaone.net

The Shop
http://www.geocities.com/bobfay_98
"Cameron Hayne" <hayne@crim.ca> wrote in message
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Leonard Stiles writes:
Take two 9v dc lego motors...
[and] ...interconnect their
inputs with a lego wire thingy. Now turn one motor axle manually
and watch what happens on the other.

I was just trying out having 4 motors to power 4 wheels (one per wheel)
and I saw this effect. I had the two motors on the right side both • attached
to output A and the two motors on the left side both attached to input C.
But now I am worried that maybe this electricity generation is possibly • going
to be bad for the batteries or something. If I hook the motors up one way
I guess it is generating electricity which flows in the same direction as
that from the betteries but if I did it the other way, it would be flowing
the opposite way to that from the batteries.
Is this something to worry about?
Or is there some other bad thing that will come about from hooking up
two motors to one RCX output?