 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 231 (-10)
  Re: Communication with PC using NQC

(...) Could you be more specific on "querying its state" and "high-level commands"? If you're willing to write custom C++ code, you can pretty much do whatever you want on top of the rcxlib stuff from the NQC source base. Its pretty easy to send (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Communication with PC using NQC

(...) Thanks for the explanation. So, it's back to the basics! ;-) I did not explain my question very well, I think. What I would like to do is to steer the RCX from the PC, by querying its state and send it high-level commands (for example to make (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Communication with PC using NQC

(...) You can use the -raw option for nqc to send raw commands (including the poll command) to the RCX. Not pretty, but it works in a pinch. As for libraries, I'm not sure what qualifies as "cute", but within NQC, all of the RCX communication is (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MacNQC, G4 and Keyspan USB to serial adapter

Hi all, As another datapoint in my liberation from the Wintel hegemony. I did indeed get Dave's latest MacNQC working on my new G4/400 using the Keyspan USB to serial adapter. I recommend downloading the latest driver from Keyspan. You can use the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Communication with PC using NQC

Hi all! Having a touch of flu, I might be asking a FAQ here... if so, sorry. How can the RCX communicate with the PC, except by SendMessage? The Spirit.ocx has the Poll functionality to ask for RCX state - is there any similar stuff in NQC? And are (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Connecting two RCX's

|>I have two RCX bricks and would like them to co-operate without using the |>IR-Port. Is it possible to communicate by attaching a motor port of the |>first RCX to a sensor port of the second? As far as I know the motors work |>on 9V and the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Connecting two RCX's

(...) Another case would be where you also want to use IR for doing radar. If you had IR messages bouncing around for both radar and communication, it might confuse the radar algorithm or generate incorrect readings. (You'd also have to reserve a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Connecting two RCX's

(...) For example if your RCXs are facing opposite direction or if there is a door between them, etc. etc. In such case a wire would be better than IR. Ciao. Marco. (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Connecting two RCX's

(...) Actually, the sensors run on 9V too. Why would you not want to use the IR port to get them to cooperate? The "message" system built into them makes this the IDEAL way to communicate, expecially since you won't be tying up a sensor input or a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Connecting two RCX's

Hello, I have two RCX bricks and would like them to co-operate without using the IR-Port. Is it possible to communicate by attaching a motor port of the first RCX to a sensor port of the second? As far as I know the motors work on 9V and the sensors (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact