 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 176 (-5)
  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

(...) I'm going from memory here, so I may miss a detail... int lock; #define TASK_BIT(task_num) (1 << task_num) void acquire_lock(int task_num) { while(1) { // wait for lock to be clear while(lock); // try to own it lock |= TASK_BIT(task_num); // (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Download problem

Hi Mario, I've encountered some weird problems like this too. I think I was able to fix things up by erasing the memory. In RcxCC, use the Tools -> Clear Memory option. Please let us know if that works. Jonathan (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Download problem

Hi Dave and everybody, I have a strange problem with an NQC program. It's something Marco Beri and I are preparing for the Mindfest. The program is rather large if compared to the average NQC programs: about 240 lines of code with large inline (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

(...) There is a way to do it even if you have no test and set, though I can't remember it off the top of my head, and it is slow. Don't see how using bitflags helps? Cheers, Ben. -- (URL) grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

On semaphores... There was a lot of discussion a long time ago on whether NQC should use semaphores to protect temp variables between tasks. There isn't an atomic test-and-set bytecode, so the only way I know of implementing sempaphore would be to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact