 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1701 (-10)
  Re: SetUserDisplay?

(...) correct. Kevin (20 years ago, 30-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: SetUserDisplay?

(...) Thanks Dave. I didn't notice the RCX2 option in Bricxcc, works great now! Just to clarify, the only difference between RCX 1 & 2 (from the compile target POV) is the firmware it's running? ROSCO (20 years ago, 30-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: SetUserDisplay?

(...) My guess is that NQC hasn't been told to target the 2.0 api, so it is defaulting to 1.0 which does not have SetUserDisplay(). See (URL) for a more detailed explanation. Dave (20 years ago, 30-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  SetUserDisplay?

I can't seem to get SetUserDisplay to compile. When I compile my program, it gets "Error: undefined function 'SetUserDisplay'". I thought it might be the version of NQC (3.0a1) so I downloaded 2.5r3, but same error. Seems strange because (...) (20 years ago, 30-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC & downloading NQC programs failing

(...) See that is what makes Lugnet such a great resource! I finally decided to try out Bricxcc/NQC (after using BrickOS on Linux) and it worked fine when I was just downloading short "Hello World" programs, but I pretty soon ran into this problem (...) (20 years ago, 30-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: bad motor output because of lego firmware?!

(...) I suspect part of this delay is inherant to the firmware, and won't be "patchable" In any case, if you want your extender to be something you can market to most users, it should work with the standard firmware, without modification. Just my (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: bad motor output because of bad lego firmware?!

(...) The firmware (at least version 0328) intentionally prevents you going directly from forward to reverse (or vice versa). I guess the designers felt this would be too rough on the motors. Try inserting a Wait(50) in your first loop. It'll work (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  bad motor output because of bad lego firmware?!

Hi there, I've spent the last two days trying to write a function in NQC that transfers data to the Lepomux I/O-extender. The data transfer is normally done by connecting the Lepomux to one of the motor ports. Each transition from one motor state to (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Rotation sensor limitation

(...) The simplest answer is to try it. Yes the limit that an RCX 16 bit integer can hold is 32767. From there things go to -32768 down to zero I think. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Rotation sensor limitation

I use a rotation sensor for a brick sorting machine – hence I need to know the limitation of the rotation sensor. What happens when the rotation sensor exceeds 9999 as shown on the LCD display? Apparently the rotation sensor can still keep track of (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact