 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1563
Re: I'm passing the NQC torch...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:52:55 GMT

Dave,

Thank you so much for your hard work and wonderful support of MindStorms over
the years!  I discovered NQC shortly after I got my first RIS set, and I
attribute my discovery of LUGNET itself to my search for that cool underground
RCX programming language that I read about in a newspaper article.  So your
"quick hack" was the reason that I originally got involved in the LUGNET
community.  You set an example that many people followed in creating alternative
RCX programming languages, and these pages are so much the richer as a result.

But I know that these things sometimes take on a life of their own, and I am
sure that at times you felt as if your LEGO hobby had become just another job.
I am glad that you have recognized this and found a way to let NQC continue to
evolve even beyond your own enthusiasm for the project.  I hope that you are
able to enjoy your LEGO all the more now that you have passed the NQC torch on.

Thanks again for creating NQC and showing so many of us just exactly what was
possible with that little yellow brick!

- Chris.