 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1562
Re: I'm passing the NQC torch...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:26:08 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Dave Baum wrote:
NQC version 2.5r3 has been released:
http://www.baumfamily.org/nqc/release/index.html

This is my last release of NQC.  John Hansen will be maintaining NQC in
the future.  John has done some great work with BricxCC, and has plenty
of energy and good ideas for improvements to NQC.  He is primarily a
Windows programmer, so he could use a little help on the Linux and Mac
builds in order to keep NQC portable across all three platforms.

The first version of NQC was released 4 years ago.  Its beginnings were
quite humble - just a quick hack so that I could program my brand new
RCX using something more comfortable than Lego's drag-and-drop software.
Originally I had no plans to release NQC, but a good friend of mine
(Rodd Zurcher) persuaded me not only to release the executable, but also
to make it free software and release the source.  Over the following
months NQC became much more popular than I could have imagined.  Working
on NQC over the years has been both challenging and rewarding.  I am
thrilled that I have been able to contribute to the Mindstorms
community, which has always been friendly, cooperative, and supportive.

Over the last year or so, I feel I have reached a plateau with NQC.  I
don't play with Mindstorms much anymore, and I haven't been motivated to
make any major enhancements to NQC in a long time.

John is bringing some much needed enthusiasm to the project and I expect
we'll see a lot of new NQC features in the coming months.

Dave

Thank you so much Dave.
Just to let you know that I decided to enter the MINDSTORM world because of your
NQC.

In Japanese we say "Gokurosama deshita !".

Best regards,

Liem PH