 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1551 (-20)
  Re: FindWorld & ClearWorld Spybot NQC API additions

This is an area of robotics that particularly interests me. Thank you for doing all this work! Now...how do I put all together? Do I simply add your programming to the bottom of spy.nqh or are there particular locations where pieces should go? Would (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  FindWorld & ClearWorld Spybot NQC API additions

Another addition to spy.nqh : #define REL_GT 0 #define REL_LT 1 #define REL_EQ 2 #define REL_NE 3 __nolist void FindWorld(int &v, const int relsrc, const int crit, const int& thresh) { asm { 0xd5, &v : 0x3000001, 0x2a + relsrc, crit, &thresh : (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: More Spybotics NQC API stuff (work in progress)

Some slight revisions to the previous submission. And now I have finally figured out how to get the Spybot to control Manas. I'm very puzzled by the equations for setting the output bytes. Any explanations would be greatly appreciated. #include (...) (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  More Spybotics NQC API stuff (work in progress)

A lot of this is untested and very rough. For some reason I still can't get the Spybot to send out RC messages to a Manas unit. Sending an RCX message (opcode 0xF7) is quite simple - either using the ROM subroutine SendRCXMessage or by using the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: How to call SCOUT ROM subroutine from NQC

(...) I would love to see the include file you created for calling the Scout ROM subroutines. Any chance it could be posted here (or that you could post a link to the file)? Thanks! John Hansen (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Team Spybot (was: Yet another NQC spybot API submission)

(...) I recently made a pair of Spybots that could work together for an autonomous sumo competition. I wanted to use the Spybot "ZONES" but found this info is not available in NQC. It was pretty easy to pick up Mindscript, and I was able to do just (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Yet another NQC spybot API submission

(...) Hello John, Sure I'm interested... Though I have not devoted enough time to the Spybots, I think they make a good "poor man" robotics platform - unfortunately with quite a few limitations. Thanks a lot for the time and energy you put in (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Yet another NQC spybot API submission

I'm hanging on every byte, John. I've tried a couple times to do what your doing with the Spybot API, and I just don't seem to have what it takes. For instance, I tried to figure out how to get the Spybot to respond to its remote control from NQC, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Yet another NQC spybot API submission  [DAT]

Doh! I had the low and high bytes switched on the items below which can be passed one or more frequencies. Now I have actually tested this code and it does, indeed, work (with the low and high bytes in the correct order). I've also slightly changed (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Yet another NQC spybot API submission

Here is another submission to the NQC spybot API. I haven't properly tested this against an actual Spybot but I have compared the NQC output code to what is generated by MindScript and documented in the VPB help file. #define SOUNDEFFECT __res 2 (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MacNQC 3.0r2 Release Announcement

Hi All, I've released MacNQC 3.0 r2. Bugs fixed are: * Fixed a problem when clearing the score in the Piano Panel. * Fixed a problem in the Raw Data Panel where the results of the command were not getting displayed until the next window refresh. * (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: write files

(...) I'm glad that you (and others) have found NQC to be useful. Most people don't use NQC for anything beyond compiling and downloading programs, but it has lots of options for interacting with the RCX (such as -datalog, -run, and -raw). Type "nqc (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: write files2

(...) Markus, I second Chris' request that you explain more fully what you are trying to do exactly. Why do you need your output formatted as result1;result2;result3..., for instance? John Hansen (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: write files2

(...) You probably do not want to use the datalog if you just want to get the latest lightsensor reading every two seconds. Here's a way to do it if you can use JavaScript and if you have BricxCC installed (since BricxCC implements an out-of-process (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: write files2

(...) By "connected" do you mean always within range of the infrared tower? (...) How long do you need to do this? Do you need to access the text file while the robot is running, or do you only plan to use the data after the experiment is over? (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: write files

(...) Of course. How silly of me to forget that NQC, the most influential piece of RCX software ever written, has built-in support for the datalog. I use NQC for the majority of my projects, and have found it to be the quickest way to develop RCX (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: write files2

(...) btw: the results must be saved: e.g: log.txt consists: result1;result2;result3... (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  write files2

thx for your answers. let me specify the problem better: the rcx is always connected with the PC. now i have a lightsensor and i want to save the results of the lightsensor every 2 seconds to my log.txt file ;) What is the best and easyiest way to (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: write files

(...) If you just want to transfer the datalog and put it in a text file you can use the nqc command: nqc -datalog This will upload the datalog and print it to stdout. Use your shell I/O redirection to put it in a file... nqc -datalog >my.log (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: write files

(...) Now that you mention it, I surely have. But not recently, and not using the Data Log feature. I think this is what I was thinking of when I typed the words "other tools." (I'm a dinosaur when it comes to line editors vs. IDEs.) (...) when I'm (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact