 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1347
Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:47:14 GMT

O.K. Well this is good news (sort of)

I thought it was just me and my maxed-out P133 that had this problem.
I sent an email to our favorite programmer on  the weekend concerning
it, but I was still not sure it was me. It appeared to me that the
problem was not related to the number of times NQC is invoked though.
I'm putting the final touches on an entry for the Project-X
competition (see the RTLToronto newsgroup) and I'm at the stage where
I'm just tweaking wait times in order to find a balance between speed
and reliablity, so I'm freqently just changing one number and
re-compiling. No problems there, but if I open more than one program
for editing at a time I have exactly what everyone is describing.

I've also downloaded release 3.3.3.7 of the BricxCC, but I was
confused after a delay in installing it. I wasn't sure if I had yet or
not, so I checked the "ABOUT" entry under HELP to se the version
number. It was 3.3.3.5 so I installed the new version from the .zip
file. Just to be sure, I checked the version number again and saw it
as 3.3.3.5. Hmmm. must not ave downloaded it after all (must also be
going senile). So I downloaded it again and installed it immediately.
It's still 3.3.3.5 even though the the web site says you're
downloading 3.3.3.7 ????

Did I just download mine between the time the link name was changed
and the software was made available? Of did John forget to change the
text in the HELP/ABOUT pop-up? Unfortunately, I didn't keep the old
version of 3.3.3.5 to confirm that the file had changed. Nor can one
seem to download earlier versions from the website for comparison.
Is anyone else's 3.3.3.7 claiming to be 3.3.3.5?

Matthias Jetleb