 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1291 (-20)
  MacNQC can't open the #include file

When I have an #include line in my .nqc source file, such as #include "incl_file.nqh" the compiler complains that it can't open the referenced file. I get the following error: Error: could not open file incl_file.nqh test_file.nqc line 1 #include (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Blocking problem?

Hi all, The model this is written for is a biped walker with each leg driven by it's own motor. The PB is a Scout. It uses a modified version of ping.nqc to do IR proximity detection. When it detects that there is an obstacle, it should back up, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Robot Controller 1.3b1

I've posted a new version of Robot Controller ---the ideal companion to NQC for Mac OS X users. This version adds several new features: it can synchronise the RCX watch with your computer's clock, it has a new pane which lets you read and change the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Shuting up the RCX

It is easier to use legOS to instead NQC, and it is more power, very easy to be used. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Shuting up the RCX

(...) Well, you could hack the LEGO firmware. Not easy but possible. Jürgen (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Shuting up the RCX

(...) Right, that's an option but perhaps not the ideal for me since I'm working with NQC. Any other? Thanks anyway Jürgen. (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Robot Controller 1.2b1

I've posted a new version of Robot Controller ---the ideal companion to NQC for Mac OS X users. This version fixes a couple of bugs. Download from: (URL) the way, has anyone tried it? It would be nice to get some feedback! Barney. (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX remote control and the use of PICs

Hi Stef, A great project, well designed, and very well documented and presented. Thanks! I'll probably make one of these pretty soon. Nice work Michael (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RCX remote control and the use of PICs

hi All, Inspired by some applications of the 16F84 PIC, we came up with the idea to make a IR-module, which is capable of doing all the InfraRed tasks we could imagine with the RCX. Well it hasn't come so far, but we have build a RCX IR-remote (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: How to read the touch sensors on the Scout in NQC?

I was using my scout this past weekend as a coinbox detector to launch a mono rail. The touch sensors work exactly as Dave suggests. You can also just do the following: until(SENSOR_1); Waits until it's touched. until(!SENSOR_1); Waits until the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: How to read the touch sensors on the Scout in NQC?

(...) That is what I thought, but it will determine if the touch sensor is pressed. (...) Dunno, I'll try. Then again, if !=255 works... (...) If it were not for Perl I'd never write a line of code ^_^ (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: How to read the touch sensors on the Scout in NQC?

This program turns on motor A and leaves it running until a touch sensor attached to input 1 is pressed, then it turns off the motor and plays a sound: task main() { On(OUT_A); until(SENSOR_1 == 1); Off(OUT_A); PlaySound(SOUND_UP); } Dave (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: How to read the touch sensors on the Scout in NQC?

Hi Chris, (...) this is a bit crazy, unless your sensor value is a bit pattern. (...) This is sensible, but are you sure it's ok to use equality and not inequalities like SensorValueRaw(1) < 240? (...) but it's equivalent, also in C, where & is (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: How to read the touch sensors on the Scout in NQC?

I've sort of solved my problem, but not in a way which really makes total sense. Both of the below fragments work as expectd: #1 if ((SensorValueRaw(1) & SensorValueRaw(0)) != 255) #2 if ((SensorValueRaw(1) != 255) || (SensorValueRaw(0) != 255)) (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  How to read the touch sensors on the Scout in NQC?

All, I'm feeling pretty stupid right about now. I've read the NQC docs, looked in the newsgroups, books, etc, but I can't seem to figure out how to read the touch sensors on my Scout. I want to implement a bumper checking task but no matter how I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: MIDI to NQC/RIS2.0 translator "Midi2LSC"

Makino-san, I'm gald you did this because you just saved me the trouble of doing it myself!!! Thanks, Chris Barker (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Trigonometry and NQC

Thank you for these posts! This idea of creating a table of arctangents is just what I need. I'll let everyone know how it works after I redesign the racer. (The prototype, designed for speed, experienced a significant mechanical shock when it (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Trigonometry and NQC

Hi Richard, No, NQC does not implement any of the trig functions. However, you can do it yourself. The idea is to use a second order polynomial to approximate the sine function. You can get pretty good accuracy (within about 5%) if you break up the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Trigonometry and NQC

(...) Hi Rich, Have a look at (URL) where you can find various tips around trig-functions under the restriction of integer values. Claude (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Trigonometry and NQC

(...) Hi Rich, there are no trig functions, because there's no float. I had the same problem and was able to approximate these values. I created two tables with the necessary values. The first table includes the values of the tangens of a angle. (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact