 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1273
Re: Trigonometry and NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:50:17 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Richard Jenkins writes:
Hi!

I'm working on a project where a robot needs to travel a right triangle with
unkown side lengths.  Basically, the robot starts at a point in a room,
travels perpendicularly toward a wall, turns 90 degrees left when it hits,
and when it gets to the corner needs to return to the starting point in the
room (somewhere).  No marks or other guides are provided to help the robot
find the starting point, but it can obviously measure the distance (or the
time) of the two perpendicular legs.  I could complete the course making a
square instead of a triangle, but that's not very elegant.

I prefer NQC as my Mindstorms programming tool, but it isn't apparent to me
that it supports trig functions.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rich

Hi Rich,

Have a look at http://www.convict.lu/Jeunes/RoboticsIntro.htm where you can
find various tips around trig-functions under the restriction of integer values.

Claude