 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1226 (-20)
  Re: RCXcc & USB

(...) I just got a new catalog from Pitsco. Along with it was an extra one page "Mindstorms for Schools" sheet with Robolab 2.5 (F900054 $59) and the USB tower (F979783 $29) on it. 1-800-362-4308. The lady said the tower wouldn't ship until the end (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: monitoring touch sensor

(...) FYI, Jason and I ended up with this program: int touch_count=0; int release_count=0; task main() { while (true) { // infinite loop // look for first press until(SENSOR_1 == 1); PlaySound(SOUND_CLICK); touch_count = 1; // wait for 1 second for (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCXcc & USB

John, Do you have the Pitsco part number for the USB tower since I cannot find it on their Web site? Thanks for your help. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RCXcc & USB

Is there anyone out there who could contribute Delphi source code that would enable my revised copy of RCXcc to work with the new USB IR tower. I've ordered a USB tower from Pitsco for $29. Once it arrives I'll be commencing work on the necessary (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Need help with RcxCC: I get "The system cannon find the file specified" error.

(...) This normally means that NQC.EXE is not in a directory on the system path nor is it in the same directory as RCX.EXE. The simplest fix is the put NQC.EXE in the same directory as RCX.EXE. Alternatively you can add the directory where NQC.EXE (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: About SetSerialComm(SERIAL_COMM_DEFAULT);

You know, I modified legOS to make message commnucation between legOS and NQC, I found new formware can send raw data so that I think if I can make LNP communication between legOS and NQC. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: About SetSerialComm(SERIAL_COMM_DEFAULT);

hi Zhengrong, Sorry, I didn't understand (or read) your message well, I thought you were looking for communicating with a PC. Well as far as my knowledge reaches, I agree with Dave, the RCX can't receive raw data (except for program downloading, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: About SetSerialComm(SERIAL_COMM_DEFAULT);

Hi Stef, I read your page, but I can't find what I need, I want to know how to communicate between RCXs with raw data (without header 55,ff,00), I don't care to communicate between Rcx and PC. You can read Dave's message, it seems he is also sure (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: About SetSerialComm(SERIAL_COMM_DEFAULT);

I haven't done a lot of testing with SendSerial(), so I can't say for certain what combinations are possible, etc. If you use SetSerialPacket(SERI...CKET_RCX), any bytes you send get built as a packet (with the 55 ff 00 header, data followed by (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: About SetSerialComm(SERIAL_COMM_DEFAULT);

hi Zhengrong, probably Dave answered your question, but I didn't see his answer in this newsgroup. I'v done some tests with different serial protocols and different baudrates, see (URL) it's of some use to you. (...) best regards, Stef Mientki (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: About SetSerialComm(SERIAL_COMM_DEFAULT);

My new question is how to receive this packet data sent by SendSerialData()? Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  About SetSerialComm(SERIAL_COMM_DEFAULT);

Hi, Dave In your NQC Guide, there is a text about this function "The default is to send data at 2400 baud using a 50% duty cycle on a 38kHz carrier.", how about other settings, for example, parity and stop bit, is it odd parity without stop bit? (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  monitoring touch sensor

Greetings I have recently been learning to program in NQC and have run into a problem. I would like to monitor a touch sensor (with a Scout) so that if the sensor is pressed once and held down a motor runs forward. If the touch sensor is pressed (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC can send/receive starnard firmware message to/from legOS

Check this message (URL) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Love the new Music capability with the new firmware!

(...) Use NQC for that. Wonderful 2.0 support. Dean -- Dean Husby LUGNET Member #320 TFM's LEGO Workshop - www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm The Vancouver LEGO Club - www.akasa.bc.ca/vlc/ (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Arrays

(...) Fixing that has been on the to-do list for a long time. But it just isn't a high priority since there are easy workarounds. Right now adding USB support is top priority. Dave Baum (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Arrays

(...) Manual? Manual! We don't need no stinking manual. Thanks, ("I guess I should read it", he says sheepishly) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Arrays

The NQC manual says... "Neither arrays nor their elements can be used with the increment (++) or decrement (--) operators." I guess it's not quite C :-) "Frank Caggiano" <caggiano@crystal-objects.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  One other thing arrays and RCX 2.0

NQC complains with he same error message if i do an arrray[x]++; That is I use a variable for the index rather than a constant. (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RCX 2.0 Arrays

I wanted to increment the value contained in an array. I did array[0]++; NQC complained: ERROR expression is not a legal target for assignment. The carrot under array[0]++ pointed to the index value, that is the 0. It seems NQC thought I was trying (...) (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact