 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1215
    About SetSerialComm(SERIAL_COMM_DEFAULT); —Zhengrong Zang
   Hi, Dave In your NQC Guide, there is a text about this function "The default is to send data at 2400 baud using a 50% duty cycle on a 38kHz carrier.", how about other settings, for example, parity and stop bit, is it odd parity without stop bit? (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: About SetSerialComm(SERIAL_COMM_DEFAULT); —Zhengrong Zang
     My new question is how to receive this packet data sent by SendSerialData()? Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

         Re: About SetSerialComm(SERIAL_COMM_DEFAULT); —Dave Baum
     I haven't done a lot of testing with SendSerial(), so I can't say for certain what combinations are possible, etc. If you use SetSerialPacket(SERI...CKET_RCX), any bytes you send get built as a packet (with the 55 ff 00 header, data followed by (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: About SetSerialComm(SERIAL_COMM_DEFAULT); —Stef Mientki
   hi Zhengrong, probably Dave answered your question, but I didn't see his answer in this newsgroup. I'v done some tests with different serial protocols and different baudrates, see (URL) it's of some use to you. (...) best regards, Stef Mientki (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: About SetSerialComm(SERIAL_COMM_DEFAULT); —Zhengrong Zang
   Hi Stef, I read your page, but I can't find what I need, I want to know how to communicate between RCXs with raw data (without header 55,ff,00), I don't care to communicate between Rcx and PC. You can read Dave's message, it seems he is also sure (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: About SetSerialComm(SERIAL_COMM_DEFAULT); —Stef Mientki
   hi Zhengrong, Sorry, I didn't understand (or read) your message well, I thought you were looking for communicating with a PC. Well as far as my knowledge reaches, I agree with Dave, the RCX can't receive raw data (except for program downloading, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: About SetSerialComm(SERIAL_COMM_DEFAULT); —Zhengrong Zang
   You know, I modified legOS to make message commnucation between legOS and NQC, I found new formware can send raw data so that I think if I can make LNP communication between legOS and NQC. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)