 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1106
Re: Blocking The Lego Remote?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 01:39:52 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Stephen Fury writes:

Let me clarify.

although it still may not be possible, I just want to create 2 lego
BattleBot like robots.  A Scout based bot being controlled by one person
with the Lego Remote and a Second bot being controlled via RCX to RCX like
in the Lego RoboGladiators 1999 E3 event.  I just don't want the Lego Remote
that is to control the Scout BattleBot also be controlling the RCX
BattleBot.  If I can some how just program an RCX to ignore commands sent by
the Lego Remote i'll be all set.

When we were working on setting up independently controlled LEGO bots we
found this site:

        http://www.battlebricks.com/

There is a program to download which uses standard gamepad controllers as
inputs and sends IR signals out through a single LEGO IR tower to control up
to 4 RCX's.

They supply an NQC program to run on the RCX's, but it's primitive and I've
improved on it dramatically.

This solution is cost effective in that you're not using an expensive RCX
and switches as a controller.  Put the RCX's out in the arena where they belong!

Brian