 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1098
    Blocking The Lego Remote? —Stephen Fury
    Problem: I Have 2 Lego RCX's 1 Lego Scout and a Lego Remote. I want to build and operate 2 robots at the same time. One robot out of the Scout being remotely controlled by the Lego IR Remote and the Other with 1 RCX being controlled remotely via IR (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: Blocking The Lego Remote? —Rainer Balzerowski
   Hi Stephen, you will not have success with this approach, because the LEGO firmware has no collision detection (especially no collision avoidance !) for their IR protocol. So if you're using more than 2 IR devices with LEGO firmware you will receive (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: Blocking The Lego Remote? —Stephen Fury
    Let me clarify. although it still may not be possible, I just want to create 2 lego BattleBot like robots. A Scout based bot being controlled by one person with the Lego Remote and a Second bot being controlled via RCX to RCX like in the Lego (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: Blocking The Lego Remote? —Chris Phillips
     (...) This is a very basic problem with the whole LEGO IR protocol -- you can't address a specific RCX/Scout without also reaching every other brick in the room. I believe this is the reason why the RCX has the short-range IR setting. The approach I (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

         Re: Blocking The Lego Remote? —Dean Husby
     (...) Aluminum foil wrapped around the RCX works... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: Blocking The Lego Remote? —Brian H. Nielsen
   (...) When we were working on setting up independently controlled LEGO bots we found this site: (URL) is a program to download which uses standard gamepad controllers as inputs and sends IR signals out through a single LEGO IR tower to control up to (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)