 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 799
RE: Tactical Robot - A robot that play a board game REALLY!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 15:36:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Francesco Ferrara writes:
I have done a 5-level depth robot that play a real board game

http://web.tiscalinet.it/ferrarafrancesco/qc/tar/

This is COOL! Once again, it seems obvious that the limits of the
original LEGO firmware can be busted wide open when you look
at alternative firmware.

In Francesco's case, packaging a C library for everyone is a big step
forward. Many of you may remember that Kekoa's original C interface
to the ROM was done almost a year ago, and that it is the basis for
many of our investigations!

This is one of the first applications of replacement firmware that
does something that you could not easily do with NQC.

Way to go Francesco!

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>