 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 526
Re: more networking questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 21:15:25 GMT

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, michael yates wrote:

Will the lnp task which is doing the receiving only wake up the next layer up
if the message is properly formed. Currently here is my program

Your msg is propably not well formed enough. Just fetch a copy of

nqc_src_1.2 or higher (unix, mac and lesser OS-es available)

and you end up with a command

./nqc -msg XXX

where XXX is a magic number :-) Which translates to a valid msg.

If you are trying to do simple things; nqc is quite neat too (and the mac
version is simply great :-)

In nqc the a programme to make it beep on any message to would look
something like:

task commu {
ClearMessage();
while ( true ) {
s = Message();
if (s == my_id)
PlaySound(1);
if (s == 3)
SendMessage(3);
// switch ourselves off.
if (s == 2)
StopAllTasks();
}
}

task main  {
..(LEFT + RIGHT);

I usually use this so that I can send a msg '2' to the robot when it runs
out of control so I do not have to hunt the green stop button :-)

Dw
--
iBook and Legomindstorms... just means you can sit on the ground and not
be seen with corperate junk.