 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 450
Re: makelx issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 18:20:24 GMT

According to Luis Villa:
I rewrote makelx-back - it's called makelx now, and it doesn't require
perl anymore. I just didn't post it yet, as it didn't merit a 0.2.2
release just yet. At least in my eyes.

Hmm. Well, I'll put off testing on windows then- I don't have permission
(I don't think) to put perl on those boxes.

I'll post the new version this weekend, then ;-)

It turns out that just putting the legOS/util in the path did the trick.
I had asssumed that was just for convenience, but obviously not.

It will be for convenience only with the new release - all front- and
backends are integrated, so it's only Make that needs to know about program
locations.

Integration was easy because of the symbolsrec format. The GNU tools can
create it, but usually break when trying to read it. It's basically a normal
srec file, prefixed with this:
$$ filename
symbol1 = $c000
symbol2 = $c010
[...]
$$

That's what the new makelx is using, so the process of creating .lx files is
way shorter now. The intermediary dc1 and dm1 files aren't necessary
anymore.

Ciao,

Markus.

--
Markus L. Noga markus@noga.de
"He who quotes employs his memory, not his reason" (Leonardo daVinci)