 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 392
391  |  393
Subject:
firmdl3 @ 41.13s
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 19:37:34 GMT

Hi,

on my machine, original firmdl3 took 45.2s to download firm0309.lgo.

- I increased packet size to 240 bytes, gaining roughly 2 seconds.
- Added packet size prediction and bytewise decoding with a state
machine
  (The decoder spent 50 ms per packet waiting for a timeout.
   1560 bytes / 240 bytes/packet = 65 packets, that's 3.25 seconds.
   Timing is so tight now, I had to add an 1ms delay when switching
   from reception to sending.)

New record at 41.13 s?

[mlnoga@mauve firmdl4]$ time ./firmdl3
~/old-home/lego/firm/firm0309.lgo
[e8] 0.01user 0.01system 0:41.13elapsed 0%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata
0maxresident)k

Ciao,

Markus.

--
"Sentir est le rival de Comprendre, comme Agir est l'antagonisme de
Penser."