 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 394
RE: firmdl3 @ 41.13s
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:36:30 GMT

However.  You might note that rcx_recv specifies an expected
length that is
currently ignored (except to prevent buffer overlow) but could possibly be
used (with a reasonable hack to deal with the ROM bug) to drive nbread to
avoid using the timeout, something like the what rcx_send uses when it
calls nbread.  You'd have to make sure to flush the port after
detecting an
error, just like rcx_send.  This wouldn't be too difficult to add.

Bug, what bug? Have I missed something? My Tcl based uploader broke when
Scriptics released 8.2, and now it works again. Seems I wasn't handling
the rcx_recv parameter in my equivalent functions...

Anyways, could you elaborate on the bug a bit, please? Or point me
to other messages that discuss it. I subscribe to almost the whole
.robotics list, so I shouldn't have missed it...

On a side note, too bad about the Java port. I guess they might have
underestimated the task, or got way too busy doing real work...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com