 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3887
Re: Can't "make" BrickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 19:09:15 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Phua Yin Jun wrote:
I've been solving this problem for almost a month. What I do is delete cygwin
and download again and again. Why? Here's the problem:
     $ ./configure; make

     Welcome to the BrickOS Makefile configurator.
     Attempting to find the Hitachi gcc compiler.(This may take some time.)

     - Toolprefix = /win-h8-egcs-1.1.2/bin/h8300-hms-
     - Found Cygwin/DJGPP system

     BASH: make: command not found

There's the problem. I hope somebody would help me.

Hi Phua Yin Jun

I normally work with the Cygwin from http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net. Download
the file http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/BricxCCSetupCygwin.exe, run it on a
Windows box and this installs a minimal Cygwin. Should work under Win98, works
under Win2k and XP. Additionally you can install also
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/BricxCCbrickOSleJOS.exe which is an older version
of brickOS. But then you can always compile a newer version.

Hope this is helpful to you.

nathan