 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3880
Re: Problem with makefile
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:23:55 GMT

On Thursday 24 February 2005 17:36, Anne wrote:
Hello!

I have a problem with making a program, which consists of some sourcefiles.
I copied the Makefile out of the demo/c++ folder into my project directory and
changed the paths, so that the included Makefiles and the brickOS directory can
be found.

You can copy the Makefile from the installed location
$prefix/share/doc/brickos/examples/demo/c++/Makefile
In that case you don't need to change the paths.

I also added the name of my program in the PROGRAMS macro and wrote the
object-filenames of the different sourcefiles in the DOBJECTS macro.

Anyway make stops with "no rule to make target 'Test.lx'."

Can somebody post a makefile for a project consisting of multiple sourcefiles?
Did I do something wrong?

Is there a "Test.cpp/Test.C" in that directory?
Multiple object files do not work exactly as one would expect:

PROGRAMS=mainfile.lx
DOBJECTS=Object files except mainfile.o

And then "make all" or make mainfile.lx

Maybe this is also due to the .depend rule.  Just create a dummy .depend
file with
  touch .depend
or better: rewrite the .depend rule so that it works with .cpp files :)

Best regards,
  Jochen