 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3829
  Help installing brickOS

I'm trying to install brickOS 0.2.6.10.6 on WIN NT. After unning "configure" it's busy for along time, and terminates with the message -"No Hitachi gcc compiler found. Please install compiler and try again." Any suggestions? Thanks, Jordon (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help installing brickOS

(...) I believe that I had the exact same problem a few weeks ago, but I found that using a pre-built package takes a lot of the hassle out of installing BrickOS. The pre-built packages can be found at: (URL) hope this helps, Timothy (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help installing brickOS

(...) Sure. The configure script tries to find the gcc cross compiler toolchain for the brick's hitachi processor. This chain is needed to compile brickOS to a program that can be run by the RCX. But it seems that you did not install the tool chain. (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)