 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3776
  Problem

Hey all, I have winXP and have installed Cygwin and all and have everything i need to install brickOS on my RCX. Althought when i try to install brickOS on my RCX i type the command into the cygwin bash shell and it returns a error. The command is: (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem

(...) Hi, try to use this command to install brickOs on your RCX: ./firmdl3 ../boot/brickos.srec Andreas (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem

(...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem

(...) Are you sure you typed "ln"? That should be "LN" but lowercase. It can be easy to confuse "l" with "i". ROSCO (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem

(...) You'd be up and running already without a hitch if you used my pre-built installers for cygwin & brickOS. Downloading the firmware using BricxCC is very simple as well. (URL) Hansen (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem

Trent, Make sure the following files exist in the paths listed below (within the main BrickOS folder): boot\brickos.srec util\firmdl3.exe If those do not exist, then you need to run the configuration routine and MAKE to build the firmdl3 application (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)