 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3781
Re: Problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:04:52 GMT

Trent,

Make sure the following files exist in the paths listed below (within
the main BrickOS folder):

boot\brickos.srec
util\firmdl3.exe

If those do not exist, then you need to run the configuration routine
and MAKE to build the firmdl3 application and brickos firmware.

If those do already exist, then you can (from the brickos folder) run:

util/firmdl3 boot/brickos.srec

... then again, you could take John Hansen's advise and use BricxCC; it
is really easy to use.

// Joe

Trent PB wrote:

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Andreas Jurk wrote:

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Trent Pendlebury wrote:

Hey all,
I have winXP and have installed Cygwin and all and have everything i need to
install brickOS on my RCX. Althought when i try to install brickOS on my RCX
i type the command into the cygwin bash shell and it returns a error.

The command is: $ ln -s brickOS-0.2.6.10 brickOS
The error is: bash: syntax error near unexpected token 'in'

How can i fix this? Thanks

Hi,

try to use this command to install brickOs on your RCX:

./firmdl3 ../boot/brickos.srec

Andreas