 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3548
  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

(...) Hi Mike, It would be helpful to see each of the memory block dumps and some notation as to what actions you took between each dump (i.e. RCX on/off, program downloaded, etc...) Mark (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

(...) Mark, Thanks for the reply, and sorry I forgot to include some more details I have results from 2 memory scans (the values may be a bit off from each other (i.e. starting addresses, but that is becuase they are from 2 times I ran it, and I (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

Mark Riley wrote: [snip] (...) This is easy enough to implement (1 or 2 lines), but raises the question: Should these memory strategies be included with BrickOS (with a config.h flag to control it)? I am sure the educators would rather leave that (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)