 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3288
  PC to RCX communication

I'm working a project to communicate from a PC to an RCX running the current version of BrickOS-0.2.6.10. I'm running windows 2000 professional and I use the current version of Cygwin. The idea behind the project is to create a Java application that (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: PC to RCX communication

It's been a while since I last played with LNP but I can recall that it works well under Linux. The LNP deamon must be running on the PC before the RCX and the PC can communicate. I think with windows you still need the LNP deamon running under (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: PC to RCX communication

This Thread could probably answer more :) (URL) this helps "Shehryar Shaheen" <shehryar.shaheen@ul.ie> wrote in message news:HFD5yE.1pxM@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) java.comm (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: PC to RCX communication

You may check out javastorms at www.javastroms.org. The project seem to be abandoned, but the code is available. Basically it does what you aim for so it should be a good starting point. I have used the code as base for some of my own projects and (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)