 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 313
  random numbers

I'm most of the way to getting it working myself, but I was curious to see if anyone has implemented a random number generator in their bot. Anyone? Anyone? -Luis ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: random numbers

(...) gnulibc has a good LCGM you can just link in. John A. Tamplin Traveller Information Services jat@LiveOnTheNet.COM 2104 West Ferry Way 256/705-7007 - FAX 256/705-7100 Huntsville, AL 35801 (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  firmdl for Win32? (Re: random numbers)

(...) Hi, Luis Villa - author of HOWTO has some that he will soon include into the HOWTO. If you need just random 16 bit integer, you can use for example this random = 25173*previous + 13849; but I don't know how good it is; start with an arbitrary (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: random numbers

(...) Probably a dumb question, but how do I link in another copy of libc, besides the hacked-down one already present in legOS? I can't just copy the one on top of the other, and the linker should just link in the first it finds, correct? At any (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: random numbers

(...) You could either take just the source file out of gnulibc and link it in, or you could change your setup to actually use the gnulibc (which is what I am doing, although not with legOS). (...) It depends on what you want the RNG for. If all you (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: random numbers

(...) The author claims it has very good spectral properties, but I have no way of testing that. The only other reference I have found to it on the net is from a group at the University of Salzburg, who state that it performed well in their tests. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: random numbers

(...) The firmware supports random numbers using some method that whose name I can't remember at the moment. Something about feedback. Anyways, the algorithm there boils down to: int seed; int rand (void) { char bit; bit = (seed & (1 << 1)) >> 1; (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: firmdl for Win32? (Re: random numbers)

(...) I can compile it for use with Cygwin (Unix for NT), but since I have not (yet) figured out how to configure and use the serial port under NT, there is no NT version as of yet. But there are other firmware downloaders for NT already. To compile (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  application termination

Hi, what is the magic in LegOS to quit the application so that it can be restarted again? In some demos it works, but the same mechanism (i.e. 1 stopper process that kills the other on [run] button) quits the program, but the display says some (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)