 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3107
  Sensor Sampling; Progress?

So far, I have reconfigured a copy of BrickOS in the following way: 1) Adjusted the clock_handler to improve the accuracy of the sys_time variable. Now running at very close (if not right on) 1 msec per tick. 2) Allowed the FRC (Free-Running (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Sensor Sampling; Progress?

Joe, Great job on taking the bull by the horns! The following are my suggestions on a system configuration. Please note that the term "divider" is being used here to indicate the function should only be performed every Nth interrupt. OCRA interrupt (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Sensor Sampling; Progress?

I have been following this thread with great interest for two reasons. One day, someone will be persuaded to provide me with direct help and assistance in getting BrickOS running on my laptop - perhaps at BW or BF. I have built quite a few prototype (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Sensor Sampling; Progress?

(...) What OS are you using? How far have you got? Max. (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Sensor Sampling; Progress?

(...) Yes. (...) individually (...) That's right. (...) I agree. With the current firmware, power gets cut off to all 3 sensors for ~85us (sometimes longer). With the scheme I mentioned, power would be cut to only one sensor for ~25us. The sample (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Sensor Sampling; Progress?

The Lego firmware cuts power for about 200uS, with a period of 3mS. So most sensors have to have enough capacitor based power storage for the full 200uS and be able to run on about 93% duty cycle. (The rotation sensor is one of the devices on the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)