 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3105
Re: DISTRIBUTED/PARALLEL CLUSTER for legOS through n*RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 00:48:57 GMT

CarlosLuis Rendón M. wrote:

Yes Kekoa it's a bottle neck, as I wrote on the original message, the main
idea is to distribute the load, with the MINIMUM amount of network
traffic. I think that all the RCX should be connected through fibre
optics, in order to implement the comunication. I think that the idea of
Mark, is suitable, to implement a master/slave model.
An interesting idea. Presumably a light sensor alone would suffice, as it
could be switched between active/passive mode to turn the LED on/off. You
couldn't get high bandwidth, but there wouldn't be interference. Also, this
would take multiple sensor inputs.

--
"I love deadlines. I especially love the whooshing sound they make as
        they go by."