 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2970
    C Compiler for Windows 98 —Richard Gildersleeve
   I have been using NQC for some time now and would like to move up to C++ programing with LegOS or BrickOS. I have spent many hours following the instructions on (URL) success in getting a working system. I have decided to try WinLegOS as suggested (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: C Compiler for Windows 98 —Timothy Schroeder
     I don't know if this will help you at all, but, I found that C progams need all the variables declared at the beggining of the program, and this became quite annoying because of my experence with C++. So I asked someone who might know... In BrickOS (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: C Compiler for Windows 98 —Nick Tarleton
     (...) Your compiler isn't the problem. The .o file is being generated by the compiler. Either the makefile is bad or makelx is barfing. Sorry if I can't help more, since I use Linux. Use cygwin - I think it's www.cygwin.com. (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: C Compiler for Windows 98 —John Hansen
   (...) It is much simpler to download the pre-built Hitachi H8 tools than it is to try and build the cross-compiler under cygwin. (URL) them under your cygwin directory. Extract the brickOS release under cygwin. Run ./configure from the BASH shell (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: C Compiler for Windows 98 —Richard Gildersleeve
   Thanks for the help! Sorry, but I have been out of town for Turkey Day and haven't had a chance to give it a try. Now I'm back, and the hair (which I've pulled out trying to get this thing to work) is starting to grow back and I would really like to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)