 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2829
Re: gcc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:59:30 GMT

I am running Windows XP.   Should I also use the version of binutils that
the install steps recommend?   I was reading the post about newer version of
binutils and was wondering if there are any advantages to using the newer
releases.  If there are advantages, wouldnt using a newer version of gcc
also be a good idea?

thanks,

Sam
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org>
To: <lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos@lugnet.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: gcc

Sam

Paolo Masetti instructions,
http://legos.sourceforge.net/cygwin/INSTALL-cygwin.html, suggest • downloading
gcc-2.95.2 for building the cross compiler. These instructions are • standard
instructions for windows os.  By the way which Windows OS(s) are you • running
on (or plan to)?

Ed

Samuel Winchenbach <swinchen@eece.maine.edu> wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I just installed the latest version of cygwin, and downloaded binutils • 2.12.
I am wondering what version of gcc I should download, thanks.

Sam

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: text/html;