 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 263
Re: signals / legOS internals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 03:48:35 GMT

Lou Sortman  <theball@bigfoot.com> wrote:
When an interrupt occurs, the first thing that happens is that two data
values are pushed onto the stack.  See pp. 68-71 and Fig 4-5 of the
hardware manual for more details.

One of those being the program counter, and, I guess, the other being
the status register.  Such operation is typical.

I guess I'm going to have to print that thing out.

Since it sounds like it might matter to you, I should point out that the
interrupt situation on the RCX is a bit more complicated than the H8 manual
makes it out to be.  Interrupt vectors are in ROM, but the ROM does a
dispatch to interrupt vectors in RAM.  The stack therefore has a bit more
on it than the H8 manual might suggest due to the fluff added by the
dispatch routine.  Details are on the RCX Internals web pages and in the
LegOS sources, but of course feel free to ask for a description if you'd
rather not hunt around.

-Kekoa