 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 260
Re: signals / legOS internals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 01:40:05 GMT

Kekoa Proudfoot wrote:

Reading this again, I should mention that pushing things on the stack
asynchronously is fine, as long as the stack pointer is always in the right
place, which is why it must always always always point to the location I
mentioned (and seemingly the location you also knew about).

Your misunderstanding is probably with regard to what a "push" operation
does.  It moves the stack pointer down, not up -- down into free space.
There is no problem.

I may have down and up reversed, since different machines grow the stack
upward or downward, and I've worked with a few.  I do have push and pop
clear in my mind, though.

So, yeah, down.  So, by the "always" rule, nothing will ever be below
the stack pointer until such time as it is pushed there.