 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2532
Re: Next test version avail. 0.2.6.05 - have time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 13:42:26 GMT

Ok, this brings up an interesting question...

What is the best way to use LNP with windows?  the version of WinLNP that I
see is _ancient_ and requires VC++ to work....  so I see that there is a
linux version, I was wondering it would be possible to use that with cygwin?

Also, I have been experimenting with other firmware replacements and looked
at leJOS.  I noticed a number of different features.... first of all it
gigantic, it takes up half of the available RAM.  But it has a number of
nice features that I dont think are included with legOS.  Most importantly
is the math routines....   will legOS ever have trig functions that are
o-so-important for navigation?  I am just trying to compare and figure out
what is the right solution for me.