 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2531
Re: cygwin messed up?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 12:12:55 GMT

Jason,

There is a problem within the Makefile logic atleast with some windows OS.
What OS are you trying it on?  I submitted a bug to the legOS project on
sourceforge
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=551601&group_id=25
87&atid=102587) and submitted a suggestion for a fix here
(http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/legos/?n=2519).

What is happening (atleast on my machine with Windows 98) is I do not have
OSTYPE declared on my machine (try env command to see what is defined).
Thus when make goes through Makefile.common (located in [legOS
ROOT]/legOS_0.2.6/ and [legOS ROOT]/legOS_0.2.6/util/) is detects that
OSTYPE does not exist, makes a shell call to the uname command, and declares
the return value for OSTYPE.  For windows 98 this returns CYGWIN_98-4.10.
Then when make gets down to the check for the windows OS, OSTYPE does not
match any of the given strings.  Thus it thinks I am using Linux and uses cc
instead of gcc.

This is going to be fixed here shortly but in the mean time you can do it
yourself be changing the following lines of code in Makefile.common

#
# WindowsNT/Cygnwin, test against several values:
#
ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),cygwin32 cygwin CYGWIN_NT-4.0 CYGWIN_NT-5.0
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 WindowsNT Windows_NT))
   EXT=.exe
   CC =gcc
   CFLAGS+=-D_WIN32
endif

#
# WindowsNT/Cygnwin, test against several values:
#
ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),cygwin32 cygwin WindowsNT
Windows_NT)||$(findstring CYGWIN,$(OSTYPE)))
    EXT=.exe
    CC =gcc
    CFLAGS+=-D_WIN32
endif