 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2529
Re: cygwin messed up?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 01:54:08 GMT

You can try a few things with the makefile.common in the util directory and
change the tool prefix from cc to gcc.

Later u might have another error related to ld at that point u'll have to
put the extension .exe in front of ld
in one of the Makefiles.I don't remember quite exactly but if u get such an
error related to h8300-hms-ld,
do a grep for the tool that it says no such file or directory and add the
extension .exe in the make file where the
tool is listed.

I had such a problem I fixed it like this although this solution does not go
by the book but it worked for me :)

This error is probaly because the make file logic makes it think that it is
compliling under linux.

Hope this helps

Shehryar

"Jason Hensler" <fire_on@yahoo.com> wrote in message
i'm running the lates version of cygwin and i'm trying to follow the
instructions at http://legos.sourceforge.net/cygwin/INSTALL-cygwin.html • but,
when i try to make depend i get some errors:
$ make depend
for i in util lib boot demo ; do c:/djgpp/bin/make.exe  NODEPS=yes -C $i • depend
|| exit 2 ; done
make.exe[1]: Entering directory `c:/legos-0.2.6/util'
c:/djgpp/bin/make.exe -w -C dll-src depend
make.exe[2]: Entering directory `c:/legos-0.2.6/util/dll-src'
cc -M -O2 -Wall -I. -I../../include/lnp -c loader.c rcxtty.c keepalive.c • ../../k
ernel/lnp.c lx.c convert.c srec.c srecload.c lx.c >.depend
cc: not found
make.exe[2]: *** [depend] Error 127
make.exe[2]: Leaving directory `c:/legos-0.2.6/util/dll-src'
make.exe[1]: *** [depend] Error 2
make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `c:/legos-0.2.6/util'
make.exe: *** [depend] Error 2

then i try to make all and i get a few errors:
$ make all
for i in util lib boot demo ; do c:/djgpp/bin/make.exe  -C $i || exit 2 ; • done
make.exe[1]: Entering directory `c:/legos-0.2.6/util'
cc fontdesign.c -o fontdesign -O2 -Wall
make.exe[1]: *** [fontdesign] Error -1
make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `c:/legos-0.2.6/util'
make.exe: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks,
Jason Hensler