 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 248
247  |  249
Subject:
www.legOS.net, maybe?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 14:05:44 GMT

Hello,

sorry for being out of touch.

I just stumbled across a service called www.registernic.net. Apparently,
they are handing out .com, .org and .net domains and 6MB of webspace
free for two years. They register in your name, and they don't even ask
for credit card data.

Checking a couple of likely addresses, I found www.legOS.net to be
unallocated and applied for it. If all goes on schedule, this should be
granted within a week or two.

I hope this will put an end to all download corruption problems. Moving
is also an incentive for revamping. On the new site, there'll probably
be an "Add a link" section, as well as a guestbook page for commments,
patches and suchlike.

If we keep large archives off-site, e.g., the egcs binaries for various
platforms, there should also be plenty of room for projects like
emulegOS and OnScreen Programming on the site.

Ideas?

--
Markus L. Noga noga@inrialpes.fr
"C'est par mon ordre et pour le bien de l'Etat que