 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2408
Re: Final RFC on next legOS release (would have been legOS 0.2.6)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:46:22 GMT

Concerning the name change, call for ideas and a vote, I would suggest that
a NEW thread entitled similar to "Call for legOS name change" be created in
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos.  The details when worked out and as outlined in
the rlswork doc should be laid out in the thread.  Also reference to the
following threads could be made where previous dicussion and some name
suggestions have been made

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/legos/?n=2391
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/legos/?n=2289 and the threads following
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/legos/?n=2038 and the threads following
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/legos/?n=252
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/legos/?n=191 and the threads following

The following LeGO Group documents might also be referenced

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/fairplay.asp (very important IMHO)
http://www.lego.com/eng/info/values.asp
http://www.lego.com/eng/info/legal.asp
http://www.lego.com/eng/info/press/presskit.asp

One question, would the top three votes have equal weight or would we be
prioritizing them (i.e. my top choice has three votes, my second choice has
2 votes, my thid has one)? if they are prioritized what if someone wish to
give equal weight to each one (ie they like them all)?  in this case do we
just give everyone X amount of votes, points, or weight to be distributed
over three ideas or name submissions?

We might wish to also post the thread or a pointer to the lugnet thread on
Markus Noga website.  I am also interested in seeing the major contributes
(developers, and major lugnet posters) input to the matter.   So much so if
anyone notices any lacking input I would ask them to email them so as not to
miss the opprotunity to contribute.  Finally I think we should make an
attempt to confer with Markus and the LEGO Group about the new name.

Ed

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Stephen M. Moraco writes:
We are now actively deciding what the next release of legOS will be.
(yes there will be a name change and, likely,  the numbering will
change but -for now- let's call it legOS 0.2.6)

I've put together a more formal description of what we know today.
See: http://legos.sourceforge.net/rlswork

Please review and comment.  We are going to finalize this description
after comments are in and then we'll begin in earnest to create the
next release.

[snip]
Regards,
Stephen (for the legOS team)