 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2071
2070  |  2072
Subject:
tower not responding
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:16:51 GMT

I have spent the last couple of days compiling and setting up legOS on
my 486SX/33 laptop.  I am using legOS 0.2.5 which I got from
Sourceforge, and binutils 2.11 (i think) and gcc 2.95.3, which I got
from the official GNU site.  Compiling 2.95.3 took a little tweaking
of the legOS HOWTO, but it was nothing too difficult.

The problem I have run into is getting a "tower not responding" error
with firmdl3.  I have found very little information online about this
error, and the only advice I could find said to replace the tower
battery.  I tried this, and I still get the error.  I added some
debugging code to rcx_wakeup_tower() and nbread() in rcx_comm.c, and
it appears that the tower is actually never responding.  FD_ISSET() is
almost always returning 0.

I have also tried the tower with the "official" software, and it can't
seem to communicate with the tower either.

Without any more ideas, I now think my IR transmitter tower is broken.
Any ideas?  Anyone know where I could get a new serial tower
cheap/free?  My laptop doesn't have any USB, as much as I'd like to
get the upgrade to MS2.0.

Thanks

Log