 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1872
Re: API changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 16:16:36 GMT

I'm actually on my way to my baccalaureate ceremony right now, but I do
want to say that I feel very strongly that API changes for the sake of API
changes should not be checked in. The current API, while not always
intuitive, is well documented and well known, across my HOWTO (and several
translations of the HOWTO) as well as both the O'Reilly and Apress books.
I have not had time this week to do more than scan the other emails, so I
have no idea exactly how in-depth these "reworkings" are. I'll read them
and comment in depth next week, but my initial impression was "these names
are not standard so lets change them" and at this point I don't feel that
is a good enough rationale.

Sorry that I don't have time for this right now-
Luis