 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1807
Re: .lx format
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 06:56:15 GMT

Very thankful for all help.

One other possibility is to not use the lx files at all - just stick to the
srec format as (I think) LegOS used to (version 0.1.x?). A bit less efficient
downloading the kernel all the time, but removes the need to dabble with lx
format at all.

We arrived at that solution independently here... it makes more sense. Also,
since only the parts of the kernel we actually use need to be linked in, the
result should be much smaller than a full kernel.  Furthermore, the compiler we
are using should generate quite a bit smaller code.

I will let you know how things turned out when we are done.

/jakob