 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1802
Re: Running IR in the background
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:42:45 GMT

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Clayton Epps wrote:

Did you ever get any help with your question (below)?  I'm trying to use the
IR port on RCX along with light sensor (passive) as collision detection
device.  Having the same problems you're having.

Commentary below.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Hannes Naudé writes:
Hi all

Is there any way to switch the IR LED on and leave it on. (as a kind of a
headlight for the light sensor.)

Alternatively, what is the easiest way to just send a comtinuous string of
0's
so it's on at least a lot of the time, without taking all the processor time.
I've been using lnp_logical_write() for all my IR up to now ,but it is a
blocking function so control only returns after the IR is allready off again.

I must have missed this one the first time around. lnp_logical_write()
will block, but it should only block the thread it's called from. Put your
send-zero loop in a separate thread and I think you should be set.

--
"From now on, we live in a world where man has walked on the moon.
And it's not a miracle, we just decided to go." -- Jim Lovell

Mike Ash - <http://www.mikeash.com/>, <mailto:mail@mikeash.com>