 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1800
Re: Running IR in the background
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:31:34 GMT

Hannes,

Did you ever get any help with your question (below)?  I'm trying to use the
IR port on RCX along with light sensor (passive) as collision detection
device.  Having the same problems you're having.

Clayton

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Hannes Naudé writes:
Hi all

Is there any way to switch the IR LED on and leave it on. (as a kind of a
headlight for the light sensor.)

Alternatively, what is the easiest way to just send a comtinuous string of 0's
so it's on at least a lot of the time, without taking all the processor time.
I've been using lnp_logical_write() for all my IR up to now ,but it is a
blocking function so control only returns after the IR is allready off again.

Thanks.
Hannes