 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1739
Re: Simple RCX-PC communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 04:48:16 GMT

I to am working on a final year cs project and had exactly the same problem
:)
- I solved it by using the cygwin on win2k solution..very good :)

And I wrote a small java package to deal with all the lnp stuff, so I could
use java, now this will work
on any machine which sun have released their commapi ont o..

It allows you to create objects which 'implement' either integrity or
Addressed Listeners, and react upon receiving
a packet, its not perfect, but it works well enough for me to graph my
robot's progress and backup its' genome to an
application in real-time

There was a french guy - Fabian? - Who also did a very similar thing shortly
after I did, he did put a link up , but I can't remember
where, I like his code...very neat, but I also like mine <g> ... if you want
it get in touch
- Ciaran

I've been looking at LNP; however, I can find no way of getting it
working under Cygwin on Windows2000 - probably because one of the
includes is "linux/serial.h". However, the dll program works on either