 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1736
    Simple RCX-PC communication —Kieran Elby
   Hi! I'm working on a final year CS project which involves getting a lego robot to explore and map its maze-like environment, locate start and finish markers, then run between them. This is working pretty well, but I'd like to be able to download the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Simple RCX-PC communication —Kieran Elby
     (...) I guess I ought to add that WinLNP isn't any good to me since I want (as far as possible) to use the same code on both linux and windows, and besides I don't have any suitable windows dev tools. Kieran Elby (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Simple RCX-PC communication —Ciaran Jessup
   I to am working on a final year cs project and had exactly the same problem :) - I solved it by using the cygwin on win2k solution..very good :) And I wrote a small java package to deal with all the lnp stuff, so I could use java, now this will work (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Simple RCX-PC communication —Kieran Elby
   Ciaran Jessup wrote [snipped]: (...) Thanks for the offer, but after posting my question I decided to have a go at writing my own java solution, and having done so, I also like mine. Looks like all those software reuse lectures I took were wasted on (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)