 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1651
    C++ OverHead —Ciaran Jessup
   Hi all, a simple question ( I hope) I'm running a small GA on my rcx block , and I'm fairly happy qwith my results so far, it evolves well tot he conditions, however I'd like to try something new <g>... I'm going to try to evolve sub-sumptive (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: C++ OverHead —Luis Villa
     I seem to recall someone doing some testing that showed that C++ programs worked out to take out somewhere around 2 to 3 times the space of comparable C programs. However, I'm sure that varies. Luis (...) ---...--- "Nobody ever said that democracy (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: C++ OverHead —Benjamin Mullin
     (...) Hi, unfortunately I am unable to answer your question, however I am very interested in what you are doing with GA. I recently recieved my RCX and have done GA work in the past as part of my schoolwork. I would love to try using some GAs with (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: C++ OverHead —Pat Welch
   Hi, The answer here depends on your coding style. If you are using non-derived concrete classes, with simple member data and the default constructor/destructor, then it costs ~10-20 bytes/class. If you are using non-derived concrete classes, with (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)