 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1641
Re: LegOS 0.2.5 and LNP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 21:25:30 GMT

"Paolo Masetti" <paolom@pragmanet.it> writes:

1. Now lnp_logical_write() is no more thread-safe.  Furthermore • calling
   lnp_logical_write() screw up the semaphore (tx_sem) and so • the other two
   lnp_XXX_write() become thread-unsafe.

2. On the host computer LNP is still thread unsafe.

I fix this in my work.  I wonder if there is some interest in a • patch to
apply to the ufficial distribution.

We are surely interested in it. You can upload the patch on
legos.sourceforge.net in the patch section or send it to one of
the developers. If you like, I can apply it for you on official
distribution.

Ok, I clean up the code and send you a patch.

During my perusuals I noticed two points that can be improved • in lnp.c.
The function lnp_checksum() computes a 16-bit checksum, while • LNP uses only
the 8 low order bits.  Removing some lines of unuseful code can • speed up
the function.  The other interesting thing is how
lnp_integrity_byte()

Both things are interesting and if you can post the patch they
will be included in legOS distribution. :-)

This one is not yet ready.  As soon as I do it you'll know.

bye
Bernardo