 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1630
Re: LEGO remote and LNP (legOS 0.2.4)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:11:43 GMT

On Jan 13, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Jochen Hoenicke writes:
http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/~delwi/legOS/remote.diff

Jochen, I tried this patch, but:

1. Applying as is caused dll program to not work.

My patch changes both, dll and the legOS kernel, to operate with odd
parity.  Did you both, reinstall the new kernel and use the new dll
afterwards?  You should also change the lnp daemon to odd parity if
you are using it, I don't use it.

2. I set parity to none, and dll is fixed, but then my handler only gets
called when remote key is released - all key-down messages are lost.

As the remote sends with odd parity this is normal.  Bytes with odd
number of bits are thrown away.

  Jochen